8-Week Online Course
Practicing Mindfulness at Work
Sign up to bring the benefits of mindful presence to your professional development and work life through science-based research and experiential learning.
8-Week Online Course
Practicing Mindfulness at Work
Bring the benefits of mindful presence to your professional development and work life.
Start Your Free Preview
Take this course for a spin and start finding more presence in every moment. Gain instant access to 4 sample lessons.
Watch this Free Video
Sample this video from the Present in the Moment course with lead instructor Susan Skjei, PhD.
What if work was less effort and daily challenges felt lighter and more manageable?
MOST PEOPLE WILL SPEND CLOSE TO ONE-THIRD OF THEIR LIFE AT WORK.
That’s a lot of time, especially if work leaves you feeling stressed and overwhelmed. But work can be a place of connection, creativity, and well-being.
Taught by an outstanding, highly experienced group of faculty and guests from Naropa University who combine decades of business and mindfulness experience, Present in the Moment: Practicing Mindfulness at Work is a self-paced course that can help you:
- Overcome stress and improve performance
- Enhance communication, compassion, and confidence
- Apply mindfulness to decision-making, teamwork, and navigating change
- Improve your organization’s ability to cultivate a safe, respectful, and authentic culture
- Demonstrate mindful leadership at work and in daily life
Who is this course for?
Beginners and experienced mindfulness practitioners welcome! This course is for anyone interested in applying mindfulness in their work life to enhance clarity, compassion and confidence.
This 8-module course includes:
- Video lectures + Bonus content
- Written content & PDF handouts
- Guided exercises & Embodiment practice
- Online digital journal
- Community forums to share experiences with other participants
- Ability to follow at your own pace
- Access anytime, anywhere on any device
Present in the Moment: Practicing Mindfulness at Work will cover:
- Learning the fundamentals of mindfulness, and the difference it makes
- Implementing mindful planning and decision-making
- Communicating mindfully and facilitating mindful meetings and teamwork
- Leading mindfully
- Navigating change with mindfulness
This course is presented in partnership with InnerProfessional and Naropa University. Enroll today!
8-Week On-DEMAND Course
Course Tuition: $349.00
20hrs Estimated Course-time
6hrs On-demand Videos
Peer Group Social Learning
24 Articles & Resources
Certificate of Completion
What Participants Are Saying
Welcome & Course Overview
Module 1: Introduction to Mindfulness
- 1.1a Why Mindfulness? Why Now?05:48
- 1.1b MAAS Scale: Self Evaluation05:00
- 1.2 What is Mindfulness?05:51
- 1.3 Guided Practice - Just Beingvariable 07:38
- 1.4 Embodiment Practice: Openness06:17
- 1.5 Bonus Video: Guest Presenter16:45
- 1.6 Reflection05:00
- 1.7a Discussion Forum05:00
- 1.7b Community Responses15:00
- 1.8 Weekly Review05:00
- 1.9 Links & Resources05:00
Module 2: The Science of Mindfulness
- 2.1 How Does Mindfulness Work?07:15
- 2.2 Stepping Through Your Day04:38
- 2.3 Guided Practice - Body Scanvariable 12:53
- 2.4 Embodiment Practice: Awareness04:36
- 2.5 Bonus Video: Guest Faculty13:27
- 2.6 Reflection05:00
- 2.7a Discussion Forum05:00
- 2.7b Community Responses15:00
- 2.8 Weekly Review05:00
- 2.9 Links & Resources05:00
Module 3: Mindfulness and Presence
- Align your intentions with your actions.
- Practice being present in the here and now.
- 3.1 The Power of Presence at Work07:33
- 3.2 Experiencing This Very Moment03:48
- 3.3 Guided Practice - Following the Breathvariable 10:03
- 3.4 Embodiment Practice: Alignment15:13
- 3.5 Bonus Video: Guest Presenter15:36
- 3.6 Reflection05:00
- 3.7a Discussion Forum05:00
- 3.7b Community Responses15:00
- 3.8 Weekly Review05:00
- 3.9 Links & Resources05:00
Module 4: Planning & Decision Making
- Explore how to work with planning and decision making in the here and now.
- Improve your ability to work creatively with time.
- 4.1 Purposeful Planning05:35
- 4.2 Planning From the Present Moment05:53
- 4.3 Guided Practice - Noticing Thoughtsvariable 08:08
- 4.4 Embodiment Practice: Attitude03:25
- 4.5 Bonus Video: Guest Presenter17:18
- 4.6 Reflection05:00
- 4.7a Discussion Forum05:00
- 4.7b Community Responses15:00
- 4.8 Review05:00
- 4.9 Links & Resources05:00
Module 5: Mindful Communication
- Understand the importance of self compassion.
- Utilize mindfulness to improve communication and collaboration.
- 5.1 Authentic Communication07:47
- 5.2 Transforming Difficult Conversations05:51
- 5.3 Guided Practice - Self-Compassionvariable 09:16
- 5.4 Embodiment Practice: Connection03:40
- 5.5 Bonus Video: Guest Faculty17:48
- 5.6 Reflection05:00
- 5.7a Discussion Forum05:00
- 5.7b Community Responses15:00
- 5.8 Review05:00
- 5.9 Links & Resources05:00
Module 6: Teamwork and Mindfulness
- Learn tools and methods to bring mindfulness into team meetings.
- Practice emotional intelligence to cultivate empathy.
- 6.1 Mindful Tools for Teams06:12
- 6.2 Stages of Team Development09:24
- 6.3 Guided Practice - Working with Emotionsvariable 10:37
- 6.4 Embodiment Practice: Responsiveness01:52
- 6.5 Bonus Video: Guest Presenter16:37
- 6.6 Reflection05:00
- 6.7a Discussion Forum05:00
- 6.7b Community Responses15:00
- 6.8 Weekly Review05:00
- 6.9 Links & Resources05:00
Module 7: Leading Mindfully
- Discover your “inner leader”.
- Apply mindfulness to improve organizational culture.
- 7.1 Authentic and Mindful Leadership04:04
- 7.2 Five Essential Practices for Leaders07:13
- 7.3 Guided Practice - Rousing Energyvariable 09:23
- 7.4 Embodiment Practice: Energy01:48
- 7.5 Bonus Video: Guest Presenter16:11
- 7.6 Reflection05:00
- 7.7a Discussion Forum05:00
- 7.7b Community Responses15:00
- 7.8 Review05:00
- 7.9 Links & Resources05:00
Module 8: Navigating Mindful Change
- Apply mindfulness while navigating change.
- Demonstrate mindfulness at work and in life.
- 8.1 Mindful Change and Transition08:29
- 8.2 Making Friends with Change06:03
- 8.3 Guided Practice - Open Awarenessvariable lengths 10:12
- 8.4 Embodiment Practice: Power02:29
- 8.5 Bonus Video: Guest Presenter11:31
- 8.6 Reflection05:00
- 8.7a Discussion Forum05:00
- 8.7b Community Responses15:00
- 8.8a Review05:00
- 8.8b MAAS Scale: Self Evaluation05:00
- 8.9 Links & Resources05:00
Course Tuition: $349.00
Faculty & Special Guests
Susan Skjei, PhD
Mary McHenry, M.Ed.
Gaylon Ferguson, PhD
Judith Simmer Brown, PhD
Rev. angel Kyodo williams
Peter Grossenbacher, PhD
Get Started Now!
Present in the MomentLimited Sale Price
Self-Paced for Individual Learners
8 Online modules, at your own pace
- 20hrs Course-time
- Self-paced video instruction
- Reading content & exercises
- Class comments & forum
- Private online journal
- User Technical Support
* On Demand instant access.
Decisions + Mindful PresenceLimited Bundle Price
Bundle 2 Great On-Demand Courses
Present in the Moment
$349/ $149 – Respond more skillfully to difficult situations, make sound decisions, and negotiate respectfully with coworkers using mindfulness, an inherent human ability enhanced through instruction and practice.
Plus: Super Power Your Decisions
- Add this course for
$349, just +$99
- Six steps to intuitive, high-stakes decision making. Learn what intuition is and isn’t, how to cultivate it, and how to use your intuition for better, faster decisions in the workplace. View Course Overview
Frequently Asked Questions
How much time does the course take each week?
When does the course start?
How long do I have access to the course?
What if I am unhappy with the course?
Being Mindful at Work - Click here to for a sample lesson
FREE: Mindful at Work Sample Lesson
Preview content and exercises from the 8-week online course